Monday, December 29, 2008

Hangin' onto Christmas

Well, not really, I just posting these a few at a time, so it took me past Christmas!
The first picture isn't the best quality, I took it at night and didn't have good enough lighting. But you can at least get the idea of how it looks...

I made it with the Deer Friends and Best Yet sets. The paper was from last year, but can easily be re-created and substituted.
For the cardbase, I started with red cardstock, then stamped random snowflakes and 'sparkles' all over the card.
I then stamped the reindeer, filled in his nose with red marker leaving a 'highlight', filled in his eyes with a black marker, then punched out the image with a circle punch. The paper already had circles, so I put the punched pieces on there. I put the whole piece in brown cardstock.
Add a strip of patterned paper edged in brown to the cardbase, added the main image block on dimensionals, then stamped and embossed the sentiment in black, then added a button to the strip.
I don't know why, but this card reminds me of the Brady Bunch :)



The second card was one we did at my last class. Its another easy one, designed to be fairly quick, but to have a nice look. The stamp set is Snow Swirled (I think this is officially my favorite set this winter!) I substituted the sentiment that comes in the set for this one, which has the same feel. This one comes from A Cardinal Christmas.
To make this card, I started with Always Artichoke cardbase. I made a Mellow Moss panel and stamped it with the large and small snowflake in Mellow Moss (don't adhere it down yet, though!). On a Very Vanilla panel, I stamped the tree in Mellow Moss, then overstamped the sentiment in Black. I cut an Always Artichoke mat for the vanilla, then used the ticket corner punch on both before adhering them together. Cut a strip of Very Vanilla Grosgrain ribbon to go around the Mellow Moss panel. After adhering that, you can go ahead and adhere the mellow moss panel, then the image block on dimensionals. I like how this card kind of picks up the colors/feel of a nice tree.

I will be posting a few more Christmas cards, a fun new 'sneak peek' special, and some class info in the next few days, then it's on to valentines! so be sure to check back!

1 comment:

Stomach sleepers said...

The reindeer on those are so cute.