Monday, February 9, 2009

Little blue birdie notecard

Sorry i've been kinda quiet here the last few days...I seem to have acquired my husbands cold and have been trying to fight it! I am still not sure who is winning...me or the cold!

I made a set of note cards using the Fun & Fast Notes set keeping them.....guess what...simple! I used the same Polka Dot background stamp inked with different colors for each card, bashful blue, Certainly Celery, and Apricot Appeal. This example shows Bashful Blue. I then cut a simple square of white and stamped the bird, teacup, and porcupine images with black Stazon, then colored them with blender pens and ink. I matted each image with it's coordinating cardstock color, and that was it! I kept these to a minimum on purpose. I wanted to just have a little collection of coordinating notecards that I can give as a gift to a friend of mine. If you wanted to, you could go one step further and actually have the cardbase Bashful Blue, and then the white polka dots could be a panel on the front, but I wanted the white inside as well, so I just kept the cardbase white. Ok, I think I'm rambling....maybe it's time for more medicine!

No comments: