Thursday, April 9, 2009

Inspired winner!

Every once in a while, a card design just pops in my head out of nowhere, and this one was one of them! I actually made this card several months ago, but hadn't had a chance to photograph it until this last week.
I liked this card so much that I made more for last months group meeting swap, and lo and behold, I won the swap contest! Hooray!
I'll admit, making this card can be a bit time consuming, but worth it I think!
For this original card, I had stamped and cut out each of the flowers. You can also use the Trio Flower punch for each one too, but you lose the outline.
This card would also be really pretty using this technique from my blogging buddy Julie! (what an awesome idea!)

The basics to making this card are:
Whisper White cardbase, Bashful Blue panel, Whisper White scraps to stamp flowers on.

Using Brocade Blue ink, stamp off once then stamp the branches on one side of the Bashful Blue panel. Stamp the flowers on the white cardstock and either cut or punch out. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black ink just below the halfway point to the right.
Using a Stampin Sponge and Brocade Blue ink, daub the edges of the card to give it some shading, avoiding the sentiment area.
Wrap white taffeta ribbon around the blue panel, lining it up just under the sentiment. Glue on flowers in a random pattern, gluing some off the panel (cut off extra). Use a white gel pen to color the center of the small flowers and to add random white dots to fill out the branches. Adhere the blue panel to the white cardbase.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

This is GORGEOUS! Wowzers! No wonder you won! Congratulations. Do you mind if I CASE this for Regionals?