Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Whats old is new again



















I did a series of cards using the Winter Post set that I wanted to give a slightly vintage feel. I will be posting all 3 for the rest of this week, starting with this one. I was also able to use nothing but scraps! ( I always like that!)
I distressed a piece of scrap DSP with browns, then stamped the snowflake in a random pattern using the stamping off technique, On the cream piece, I stamped the skaters, then using masking, I stamped the trees from Lovely as a Tree set. The 'Merry Christmas' is from A Cardinal Christmas. I then inked the edges in a dark brown, and used the spatter stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds to give it more of an aged feel.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Oooo, very pretty! I love the vintage feel of your card. I'll be working on the vintage look later on this week. :-D