Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Turn Up the Heat!

For this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge, we are turnin' up the heat! heat embossing, that is! that is the theme for this week. Here is my sample card. I used the Always set twig to stamp and then emboss in white on Crumb Cake cardstock for the background, and then i stamped and embossed the bird in black, then cut him out and used Dimensionals to put him on the card, i also did an extra branch to put in the birdies mouth. I used the Matchbox Die to cut out the mat for the senitment, then stamped, then cut out the sentiment from Great Friend. I used the Color Spritzer Tool and Early Espresso marker to create the spattering on the bottom of the card on Soft Suede cardstock, placed it on the card, sponged around the card with brown ink, and added pearls to finish it off.

4 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

I have always loved this set! The card looks so good made in this colour combo. What a great idea to put the branch in the bird's beak! Gorgeous card again Georgeann!

Celine Jo @ eyeARTyou said...

Simple, timeless and nice ;)

JulieA said...

That's adorable! I love it. I never know what to do with that bird, but I love how you put the branch in it's mouth. Genius!

Michelle PB said...

Hi Georgeann!
your card is lovely....
I've shared it at "THE PEARL GIRL" Facebook group (included a photo and blog acknowledgement)