Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Colorful Day!

Hooray for color! you know, i have always had trouble using bright colors, even though i really love them! So, if you are like me, and have trouble in that department, this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge is a great way to get motivated!

The colors for the challenge are Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, and Daffodil Delight. The cardbase is Melon Mambo, with a mat of Daffodil Delight. I then took a Whisper White panel, punched out circles in different sizes, and glued them on the white in a random pattern. I then ran the whole piece through the Big Shot using the lattice embossing folder. I then stamped the cupcake from Crazy about Cupcakes on whisper white, Melon Mambo, and Daffodil Delight. I cut out each and paper pieced them to create this cupcake. I colored the sprinkles with Wild Wasabi marker. Then I cut peices for the main image panel in Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi, and Whiper White. I layered them , added the cupcake, and then used dimensionals to put it on the card. on a scrap piece of white, i stamped the sentiment in Staz On, then, starting with the smaller circle punch, i punched out below the sentiment, then punched out the piece using a larger circle punch. Last but not least, i added the sparklies!!! I put 2 sizes of rhinestones on the corners to give it some shine!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Your card really caught my eye, Georgeann. Love how it pops off the page! Thanks for your inspiration!