Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feelin' Blue...


If you look carefully, you will see this card actually has NO embellishments... why, you ask? no, it's not because i am holding a grudge against embellishments, it's because that happens to be the theme this week at Stampin' Royalty! So when i was originally thinking about what i wanted to do for a card, i wanted to use those pretty antique blue and white dishes as inspiration (I hope you know what i am talking about) My mom loves those!
anyway, i actually did a couple different techniques on this card. the flowers on the right are stamped, then masked (yes, i made a mask for those crazy flowers) then sponged with Bashful Blue. The flowers on the left were actually cut out and glued on. I will tell you why. I had sponged all the way across when I had done the right side, then realized i needed more flowers on the left so I just cut them out and glued them on. took me a while haha. then i stamped and cut out the hummingbird, and the sentiment. would have been pretty easy if not for those delicate flowers!

Supplies:
Cardstock- Pacific Point, Whisper White
Ink- Pacific Point, Bashful Blue
Stamps - Elements of Style, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Accessories - Top Note Die, Brights Patterned Paper, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVE the layers--the depth you've created is just fabulous! :)