Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Is it Retro?


This weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge is a Color Challenge, and when i look at those colors, i tend to think "60's Dish towels" or something 50's-60's -ish.. so i wanted to make a card that would kind of have a retro feel to it, and i had just gotten my new dies this week to make the scallops and the fancy edge, and wanted to try them out on this card! I fussed over this one for about 2 hours total, and ended up with this! I wanted to have the decorative edge go at an angle, and so i just placed the die to where i thought i would look good, and then did the same with the white and layered them. I might want to re-do this card and change a few things... because i am kind of funny that way...But maybe this will give you some inspiration and you will have fun making your own card!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Brights Buttons, Pearls, Bakers Twine, Ticket Corner Punch, Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies,

5 comments:

Jenn said...

This card is stunning! I love how you used the edgelits, especially how you created the angled cuts and the use of the negative pieces.

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! Looks like frosting! Beautifully layered - and great colors!

Judi said...

This card is wonderful - so imaginative, love it! You have a definite artistic gift. All of your cards I have looked at are brilliant! Look forward to more posts from you

Jessica said...

I love it just the way it is!

CJ said...

Hi georgeann,
This is Catherine from India. Am a small crafter. One of my client had sent me this card's pic n had requested for a card like this only. Tried convincing her but she wants something like this only. Its just a gorgeous card n no wonder y she wants this only. Just need ur consent to just have this card as inspiration n create a card my style. I just didnt want to copy n thats y i need ur consent. ThanK you.

Hugs
Catherine
Http://vidhucreations.blogspot.in