Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oh Baby!!

Here is the card for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge, which just happens to be a picture inspiration! I loved the picture, and thought it was just tons of fun! i could actually use that picture over and over again for lots of inspiration! but i decided to go with the baby theme for this week!

This is another easy card to put together...
I basically started by stamping the background swirls in craft White with that fun little swirl from Trendy Trees, Then stamped on the circle of Whisper White, then colored it. For the frame, I used the 3/4 inch circle punch and punched several daffodil Delight circles and glued them on the back, creating this scallop frame! the card is a square card, (sorry, i didn't measure it!) and i finished it all off by embossing the main image, and making faux stitching around the main image and the card. a fairly quick card to make! oh, and i have to tell you, i have refrained from making square cards in the past because it is always so hard to find envelopes for them, but now that Stampin' Up has it's wonderful new Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, i can make my own!! I see a whole new world opening up for me!
; )

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight
Ink: StazOn black, White Craft
Stamps: Easy Events, Trendy Trees
Accessories: Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, Daffodil Delight markers, 3/4 inch circle punch, White Gel Pen

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is adorable! I love the scallop circle --very clever!

Carrie Rhoades said...

Georgie! I love your card, great colors and use of the ducky from the challenge. I love it!