Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Scrappy Guy Card!

If you are anything like me, you have a very difficult time coming up with cards for guys. and when it was time for the Stampin' Royalty Masculine Card challenge, i cringed a little.  But guys like getting cards too!  and i am pretty sure flowers and ruffles wouldn't be appropriate....
So while sitting staring at my supplies hoping for a moment of brilliance (which never arrived, btw, haha!) I looked at my trusty color coach...i happened to be looking at the old style one, and found some colors that i thought would look pretty good together, then when i pulled out my paper, i happened to pull out some scrap strips and started layering them. I was kind of going for a 'blocky' look, but it transformed into this! i knew it needed some texture, so i put the Garden Green in my Lattice Texture folder.  This idea can be used for anything, including scrapbook pages or as a background.  I had to kind of play with the positions of the strips so that it looked balanced, but was fairly pleased with the result. And oh, what a wonderful way to use those scraps!!  This card looks WAY better in person than it does in the picture.  Oh, and as a side note, i added some punched circles and some silver brads to add another element.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Garden Green, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Stamps: Bring on the Cake
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories:  Lattice Embossing Folder, Silver Brads, Owl and Cupcake punches

No comments: