Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Little Gifts

I handmade this whole gift box. i love the look of polka dots, and i wanted the box to have them, so i needed to make my own polka dot cardstock. I used a circle from the Daydream Medallions set to stamp on the cardstock with versamark, then i used white embossing powder. 
During the Stampin' Up convention, I was the lucky winner of the Gift Bow Bigz Die!! so i wanted to use it for the first time on this project! we also got the Tag It stamp set, and i used that to make the tag, but i only inked the border part with my Real Red marker, then stamped the 'to-from' using Basic Black.  I cut out the tag, then hand cut out a mat for it, added a small rhinestone, and tied it to the box. the 'ribbon' is made with Silver Glimmer paper and Real Red.  Gives it that extra little sparkle! 


Cardstock - Sahara Sand, Real Red
Stamps - Tag It, Daydream Medallions
Accessories - White Embossing Powder, Silver Glimmer Paper, Gift Bow Bigz Die, Sahara Sand DSP, Versamark, Rhinestones

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

WOOHOOOO!!!!! 100,000!!!!

I just wanted to make a quick post in celebration of 100,000 page views to my blog!!! 
This makes my little heart very happy! 
I'm so glad you all like to come visit me! 
Keep coming by, there will be a few new things coming soon!!!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lots 'O' Layers!

here is my sample card for this weeks Picture Inspiration challenge at Stampin' Royalty!
If you look carefully at this card, you will see there is nothing fancy that couldn't easily be recreated by you :o)
I did cut out the wording by hand, which can take a little practice and patience, but you could also stamp in the bottom right corner before embossing, which was my original plan, but forgot to stamp it before embossing....see, none of us are perfect! haha! 
You should check out the inspiration picture at Stampin' Royalty and play along with us!! 

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Taking Notes

my sample project for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Anything Goes challenge is a fancy Notepad holder!

I used a sheet of Naturals White for the cover, because it is a night sturdy weight. I measured my notepad,  then cut and scored it accordingly, making sure to remember the depth of the sides, then die cut the top edge. 
I then opened the cardstock base up, stamped the images after using just regular thin paper as a mask on the 'back' part to keep the ink only on the front where i wanted it, 'highlighted' the leaves with gumball green using my blender pens, then added some butterflies and a piece of patterned paper that fit the top flap.  lastly, i adhered ribbon that i had made into a bow, and I used a thick circle of Tombow Glue on the underside of the flap that i allowed to dry so as to make it tacky, but you can use magnets, snaps, buttons, velcro, etc. I then used Sticky Strip on the back of the notepad to adhere it to the cover. This was actually a pretty easy project, even with making it from scratch through trial and error. 
here it is open, and you can see the notepad inside.
(sorry for the poor quality of the photo)